Sunday, May 22, 2011

Formal Study: Module One

Formal Study

Cut up old prints to make new piece. I wanted to be at least my height and shoulder width for its dimensions. My height is 5'11" and my shoulder span about 1'7" so i had my dimensions. Turned into inches it was 71" and 19" which I turned into 72" and 20" to make it easier on myself. I had these foam squares that were 2"x2" and decided to use these as the backing for the modules. I decided to double the size of the foam squares to make the paper squares, so they would be 4"x4". So I could fit 5 across and 18 down and decided I wanted them spaced apart by a quarter of an inch and that changed my measurements to 76.25" by 21".

I decided for the first arrangement of them to just put them up according to the colour of the foam squares on the back which would end up with a random composition on the front. It's still a work in progress but it should be done sometime this week and hopefully b
y then I'll have a nicer camera.

So far it looks like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment