Saturday, October 8, 2011

Self Portrait Project.

My current senior advisors have gotten me on this kick of trying to isolate and explain what I do artistically. The self portraits I am doing started mearly as a project to keep myself busy and my skills sharp. By using myself as a subject and a reference I always have to ability to create something without almost any excuse. As it has progressed I have started to get bored with certain things, like head on portraiture. I have started to deviate in different directions and started using different materials to keep myself interested in the same subject. I feel like they started as an excersize. Just simple sketches. The more I do them however the more I am beginning to love them. I becoming more interested in portraiture and I am becoming more interested in process. I can't isolate anything in particular but for now I am interested in process and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment